lunes, 4 de mayo de 2009

My most precious possession is a necklace that my mom gave to me many years ago. Really she didn't gave to me a necklace, she gave me the "medal" of the necklace; "medal" because acuratelly its not a medal, its a piece of rock called piedra de la cruz, with the shape of a medal. My mom bought it on a handicraft freemarket of Concepción.

The piedra de la cruz is a semi precious stone, unique in the world, you can find it only in río Las Cruces, located in Laraquete, Octava región. Her name is because a strange formation inside the stone, when the stone is cut in half, appears a perfect cross in it.
People said that this stone is usseful for protection, stimulate intelligence and help those who want to change their way of leaving.

For the Mapuches this stone represents the souls of the warrios killed by the spanish man, the souls of the people that gave their life for their land and brothers.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario